Effective on September 25th, 2018
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect certain identifying information from or about you in connection with your use of or submissions to the Site, including, but not limited to, your name, address, date of birth, email addresses, health information, health plan (“Plan”) information and credit card number (together, “Collected Information”). Any health information about you will be collected in the course of providing services to you via the Site and telephone consultations. In addition, we may retain the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us or our representatives, regardless of the mode of communication by which such correspondence was made. This information helps us to improve the Site and the online content, materials, and services that we make available on the Site, and to more effectively and efficiently respond to both current and future inquiries.
As with many other websites, the web servers used to operate the Site may collect certain data pertaining to you and the equipment and communications method that you use to access the Internet and our Site and store it in log files. For security reasons and to confirm the integrity of the Site, we may combine components of these data with Collected Information, which may identify you. Such identifying information will be used solely for our business purposes. In addition, the information we collect may reveal such things as the Internet protocol (“IP”) address assigned to your computer, specific pages that you accessed on the Site or prior to visiting the Site, and the length of time you spent at the Site. We may use this information to help administer the Site and the servers that provide the Site, generate statistical information, monitor and analyze Site traffic and usage patterns, and improve the Site’s content and content delivery, including any online content, materials, and services that we describe or make available on the Site.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Priority STD Testing. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We use third party analytics services to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used. We do not use this service to collect any personal information entered into this website, nor do we track your browsing habits across domains that do not belong to us.
How will we use the information you provide us?
We may use the information that we collect from or about you to analyze and improve the content, materials and services that we make available on the Site, to notify you of changes made to the Site, to evaluate user needs and customize the Site content delivered to you according to those needs, and for other legitimate and lawful business purposes. If you contact us for support or assistance, we may use information about you or your system that you provide or that we collect for purposes such as verifying whether your system meets the minimum requirements needed to use the Site and our various services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may store Collected Information in the United States, or we may transfer it to other countries.
With whom do we share the information we collect?
We may share Collected Information with with PWNHealth and its affiliated professional entities, physicians and staff to provide its service to you. If all or part of Priority STD Testing is sold, merged, or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer Collected Information to such entity as part of that transaction. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may disclose Collected Information to the proper authorities if we become subject to a subpoena or court order or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We may also use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
What choices do you have?
When corresponding with Priority STD Testing or our representatives, or when making a request for information or otherwise interacting with us or others through the Site, you choose what information to supply, what questions or comments to submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and by what method of communication such information should be delivered. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. You are under no obligation to provide us with personally identifiable information, but without it we may not be able to provide you the products or services you request.
How do we protect information collected about you?
Priority STD Testing maintains certain commercially reasonable security measures to protect Collected Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, the storage and communication of Collected Information can never be completely secure. Hence we do not guarantee that information that you transmit or otherwise supply to us, or any communications conducted on or through the Site, is or will be totally secure. If you become aware of any breach of Site security, please notify us immediately.
Notice of Privacy Practices Regarding Health Information
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Priority STD Testing and its partner PWNHealth, and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
How we May Use and Disclose your Health Information. We may use your health information and disclose it to appropriate persons, authorities and agencies, as allowed by federal and state law. Please be aware that state and federal law may have more requirements on how we use and disclose your health information. If there are specific, more restrictive requirements, even for some of the purposes listed above, we may not disclose your health information without your written permission as required by such laws. We may also be required by law to obtain your written permission to use and disclose your information related to treatment for a mental illness, developmental disability, or alcohol or drug abuse. We may do this without your written permission for the following limited purposes:
- Required by Law.
- Public Health.
- Reporting Victims of Abuse or Neglect.
- Health Care Oversight.
- Legal Proceedings & Law Enforcement.
- Serious Threats to Health or Safety.
We may also disclose any information that you provide to use or that is provided on your behalf, including, without limitation, your laboratory test results and the fact that you participated in an education session. You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the disclosure of such information as set forth below.
Your Health Information Rights. You have the right to:
- Read and copy your health information.
- Request to correct your health information.
- Request to restrict certain uses and disclosures of your information. You have the right to request in writing that we restrict how your health information is used or disclosed. For most requests, under the law, we are not required to agree to your request. In some cases, we may not be able to agree to your request because we do not have a way to tell everyone who would need to know about the restriction. There are other instances in which we are not required to agree with your request. We will inform you when we cannot find a way to carry out your request.
- Receive a record of how we disclosed your information.
- Receive notification of a breach and obtain a paper copy of this notice.
New York (NY) Fee Disclosure
Testing services performed in New York (NY) are prescribed by physicians at PWNHealth. Treatment services are also available through PWNHealth for any positive Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Trichomoniasis results. Patients in NY observe two fees: one for the performing laboratory, and another for administrative services. The total cost of testing is listed at checkout and billed as a one-time payment to “SFHT”.
- HIV 4th Gen – $23.00
- HSV 1/2 IgG – $11.00
- Chlamydia – $11.50
- Gonorrhea – $11.50
- Trichomoniasis – $25.00
- Syphilis – $5.77
- Hepatitis B – $4.80
- Hepatitis C – $8.25
Terms of Service
By utilizing our service, you understand, accept, and agree to the following terms of service:
- I am 18 years of age or older and am the one who will be tested.
- I agree to Priority STD Testing’s refund policy.
- I understand that in the event of a payment dispute or chargeback, Priority STD Testing reserves the right to contact me or my bank via any means necessary to resolve the dispute.
- I understand that a licenced physician through PWNHealth will review my information and test request, and if appropriate, order my test at Quest Diagnostics.
- I understand that Priority STD Testing will make every effort to make my tests results available within three business days of collection. I understand that delays beyond three days may occur and sometimes require a re-collection of my sample if Quest Diagnostics is unable to perform the test.
- I understand that my results are made available digitally through a secure login link unique to my order from PWNHealth.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to contact Priority STD Testing if results are not retrieved or made available 4 business days after collection, and that I cannot assume results are negative if I have not received my results.
- I understand that Quest Diagnostics is responsible for collecting and processing all samples and that I assume any risks associated with the collection process.
- I understand that Quest Diagnostics is in compliance with Federal, State, and local health reporting requirements.
- I understand that elective treatment services are available through our service, prescribed by the physicians at PWNHealth for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis. (treatment not available in Alaska, Arkansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, and Vermont)
- I agree to receive the services provided by PWNHealth (the administrative services provider of the professional entities), PWN Remote Care Services, PW Medical Professional and certain other affiliated professional entities (collectively, “PWN”) including, without limitation, review and ordering of lab tests, receipt of test results and physician consultations via phone or video.
- Except for physician consults for chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, the services provided by PWN do not constitute treatment or diagnosis of any condition, disease or illness. I am responsible for forwarding any results to my primary care or other personal physician and for initiating follow up with such physician for care, diagnosis, medical treatment.
- I understand that after receiving my results, if my results show that I have chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, I will have the opportunity for a consult via phone or video with a PWNHealth physician. Such physician may prescribe medication for such condition; however, there no guarantee of diagnosis, treatment, or prescription. Individuals located in New York are eligible for a post-test physician consult, including, if applicable, a treatment consult, included in the service fee.
- I am responsible for forwarding any results to my primary care or other personal physician and for initiating follow up with such physician for care, diagnosis, medical treatment or to obtain an interpretation of the Results.
- I understand that if I have any questions before or after my Test, I can contact Priority STD Testing and the PWN clinical team.
- I understand that the PWN services, including physician consults, are delivered by health care providers who are not in the same physical location as I am using electronic communications, information technology or other means, including the electronic transmission of personal health information. I also understand that (i) a PWN physician will determine whether or not will determine whether or not any condition being diagnosed and/or treated or the services being rendered are appropriate for a telehealth encounter, (ii) I have the right to withdraw my consent to the use of telehealth in the course of my care at any time by contacting Priority STD Testing, (iii) I may need to see a health care provider in-person for diagnosis, treatment and care, (iv) there are potential risks associated with the use of technology, including disruptions, loss of data and technical difficulties and (v) there are alternative services, such as visiting a primary care provider, an emergency room, or an urgent care facility; however, I chose to proceed with the services at this time.
- If I receive an abnormal result on certain STD Tests, my name and result will be disclosed to my state health agency in accordance with applicable law.
- I agree to the transfer of my information, including health information among (a) Priority STD Testing and its affiliates, their counselors, staff and agents; (b) PWN and its affiliates, and their physicians, staff and agents; and (c) Quest Diagnostics and its staff and agents.
- I will not make medical decisions without consulting a healthcare provider or disregard medical advice from my healthcare provider or delay seeking such advice based on information as a result of the use of the services.
- I understand that this service and the ordering physician will protect my personal health information (PHI) in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email at the address below:
123 W 18th St
New York, NY 10011