Studies show that STDs are still being spread at an alarming rate in the US. But how common are they?
STDs in The US
- There are 20 million new STDs each year.
- There are 110 million STDs in total among men and women.
- About 50.5 million of infections are in men.
- About 59.5 million are in women.
- 50% of new infections occur in people aged 15-24.
- More than half of all people will have an STD in their lifetime.
- 1 out of 2 sexualy active people will have contracted an STD by age 25.
- 1 out of 20 people will get infected with HBV at some point in their lives.
- An estimated 1 in 5 Americans have genital herpes.
- Up to 90% are unaware that they have herpes.
- 20% of high school girls have an STD.
- 15 new STDs are reported by porn actors and actresses each week.
Most Common STDS
- HPV – over 14 million new cases each year.
- Chlamydia – 3 million new cases each year.
- Trichomoniasis – over 1 million new cases each year.
- Gonorrhea – over 800,000 new cases each year.
- Genital Herpes – nearly 800,000 new cases each year.
- Syphilis – approx 55,000 new cases each year.
- HIV – over 41,000 each year.
- HBV – 19,000 new cases each year.
Top 5 Best States For STDs
- West Virginia
Top 5 Worst States For STDs
- North Carolina
- New York
Top 10 Cities With The Most STD Incidents In the US
- Austin, TX
- San Francisco, CA
- San Antonio, TX
- Miami, FL
- New York City, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Washington, D.C.